Magna-Tiles® have been a favorite toy for kids of all ages for over 20 years! Through the years, we’ve been sent many tips and ideas for using Magna-Tiles® creatively with everyday items in the home and the classroom. Parents, educators and kids love to share these tried and true tips with fellow Magna-Makers to expand imaginative play for everyone!
Here are a few suggested uses for Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™:
- Let your Magna-Makers build creations in the kitchen using a cookie sheet as a building base!
- The garage door is another magnetic surface that allows for a lot of space for kids to create.
- You can use Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™ on the refrigerator as magnets to hold up and frame photos, artwork and more!
- In the classroom, magnetic white boards allow students to easily arrange shapes and write on the board to identify their shapes or elaborate on their creations.
- Magna-Tiles® make great dominos! Stand them up in a pattern or maze and knock them down to see what happens!
- If your kids love toy cars, Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™ are perfect for constructing a racetrack that snakes through the living room or classroom.
- Light play is one of our favorite ways to play with Magna-Tiles®! Stack your Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™ along the window when the sun is shining through to see colors illuminate on the floor around you.
- Another fun way to play with light is to wrap string lights inside, on top of and around your Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™ creations!
- One way to bring light play into the classroom is with an overhead projector. There are many ways to educate students on shapes, colors and light by projecting Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™!
Photo credits: @youclevermonkey, @thebrutsmanfamily, @olyen, @homelearningfrombirth
Do you have other favorite ways to creatively use Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix™? Show us on social media by tagging your posts with #magnatiles and #magnaqubix (you may be featured on our accounts)!