9 Tried & True Creative Uses for Magna-Tiles®
We share favorite tips with fellow Magna-Makers to expand imaginative play for everyone!
Magna-Tiles® have been a favorite toy for kids of all ages for over 20 years! Through the years, we’ve been sent many tips and ideas for using Magna-Tiles® creatively with everyday items in the home and the classroom. Parents, educators and kids love to share these tried and true tips with fellow Magna-Makers to expand imaginative play for everyone!
Here are a few suggested uses for Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix®:
1. Let your Magna-Makers build creations in the kitchen using a cookie sheet as a building base!
2. The garage door is another magnetic surface that allows for a lot of space for kids to create.
3. You can use Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix® on the refrigerator as magnets to hold up and frame photos, artwork and more!
4. In the classroom, magnetic white boards allow students to easily arrange shapes and write on the board to identify their shapes or elaborate on their creations.
5. Magna-Tiles® make great dominos! Stand them up in a pattern or maze and knock them down to see what happens!
6. If your kids love toy cars, Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix® are perfect for constructing a racetrack that snakes through the living room or classroom.
7. Light play is one of our favorite ways to play with Magna-Tiles®! Stack your Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix® along the window when the sun is shining through to see colors illuminate on the floor around you.
8. Another fun way to play with light is to wrap string lights inside, on top of and around your Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix® creations!
9. One way to bring light play into the classroom is with an overhead projector. There are many ways to educate students on shapes, colors and light by projecting Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix®!
Do you have other favorite ways to creatively use Magna-Tiles® and Magna-Qubix®? Show us on social media by tagging your posts with #magnatiles and #magnaqubix (you may be featured on our accounts)!